Saturday, December 3, 2016

encryption - Cryptkeeper removed from Ubuntu 18.04

I had installed Cryptkeeper in Ubuntu 16.04 lts.
I have upgraded Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04.

After I upgraded to Ubuntu 18.04 , I completely lost my file which were encrypted through Cryptkeeper in Ubuntu 16.04. There are only folders where I kept my files.

Now when I try to install Cryptkeeper in Ubuntu 18.04 through terminal it says



E: Package 'cryptkeeper' has no installation candidate


Does anyone know how to bring back my files without degrading Ubuntu to 16.04 LTS?
Or, does anyone know of another file encryption program, as easy to install and use as Cryptkeeper, that will work reliably on Ubuntu 18.04 ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...