Friday, December 2, 2016

boot - fix error: no such partition. grub rescue WITHOUT cd drive

I'm trying to completely remove UBuntu from my Asus Eee PC 1015PEM because I'm giving it to a relative. I thought it would be as simple as deleting the partition it was stored on using Windows Disk Management, but I was wrong.



Now whenever I try to boot I get "error: no such partition" and on the next line it says "grub rescue:"



I've googled and looked everywhere but all solutions involve using the Windows installation disk, however, this Eee PC (netbook) doesn't have a CD drive, and that is therefore not an option.



I have a USB with the Windows 7 installation iso "burned" to it, I just have no idea how to boot into it. Any help is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...