Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Problem upgrading from Ubuntu 10.04 to 10.10

I've been trying to upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10.



During the package installing and upgrade process there were numerous packages which threw errors but it continued installing. The last one to fail was squid, when this failed the upgrade manager quit-out without finishing everything. When I restarted I get a Kernel Panic error:



Kernel Panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)
Pid: 1, comm: swapper Not tainted 2.6.35-22-generic #33-Ubuntu


Similar to the question asked here.




At the grub loader I tried to boot to 2.5.32 but this drops into an incomplete command-line (BusyBox) with limited commands with the error: udevadmn trigger is not permitted while udev is unconfigured



Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...