Tuesday, January 17, 2017

networking - Ubuntu installed on MAC has ethernet and WIFI problem

I have problems with my Internet connection and interfaces. I will give those info below to help and explain my problems.




1- Ethernet (cable):
Internet works through cable but only if I boot Ubuntu with the cable plugged in. When I unplug it and replug it then it can't be connected (means no Internet till I reboot again with the wire plugged in). Any idea?



2- Wireless:
I tried many solutions over Internet but still can't see the interface and the wifi doesn't work. please let me show what I have done so far:



lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net


Results:




03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [14e4:43a0] (rev 03)
Subsystem: Apple Inc. Device [106b:0112]
Kernel driver in use: wl


I used this solution:



sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install linux-firmware-nonfree



I also tried this command:



sudo apt-get install b43-fwcutter firmware-b43-installer


My hands are really tied now and wonder if some of you has a solution for both or at least second problem.



Thank you very much all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...