Monday, January 30, 2017

networking - Network Manager keeps creating new profiles for the same network

I have a problem on my thinkpad t440p with ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
At home, I have two networks:




  • one default network

  • the extended version of my default network.



When I switch connections (for example from the default to the extended one)
the network manager keeps asking for a password. When I fill it in (with remember this password for all users checked), the network manager creates a new configuration (and does this every time when I reconnect to a network). So I think the network manager thinks I am connecting to a new network when in reality I am connecting to the same one. He then proceeds to create a new configuration for the 'new' network. I never had this problem before and I never changed my router configuration.




EDIT: I can change my network without the network manager asking for a password or adding a new network profile by changing it through the settings (network section).

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...