Saturday, January 28, 2017

unity - Unable to load desktop on Ubuntu 16.04 - tried almost everything!

There, like for others, the desktop is not loading past the logging part. After I put the password appears the desktop background, the mouse cursor and the box with xfce saying desktop starting blabla the usual but then the desktop doesn't load further. The same for other accounts and recovery mode.



Tried so far:




  • export DISPLAY=:0

  • sudo dconf reset -f /org/compiz/ setsid unity

  • enable Unity using ccsm


  • installed and uninstalled nvidia

  • installed and reinstalled settings, startup

  • update and upgraded the computer

  • sudo apt-get install --reinstall compiz

  • sudo apt-get install --reinstall ubuntu-desktop unity compizconfig-settings-manager upstart

  • sudo rm -fr ~/.cache/compizconfig-1
    sudo rm -fr ~/.compiz

  • sudo rm -fr ~/.Xauthority
    sudo rm -fr ~/.config/autostart

  • $ mv ~/.config/dconf/user ~/.config/dconf/user.old




Of course, not in this order, just to show what I,ve tried so far.



Please help as my means of income is my computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...