Wednesday, January 18, 2017

12.04 - Black screen after selecting an option from grub boot menu

I installed Ubuntu 12.04 as a dual boot, but I'm having trouble getting it to start. I just ran it off a live USB and installed it like that, using the Install Ubuntu alongside Windows option and just followed the prompts to install Ubuntu 12.04.




When I start the computer I get to the GRUB boot menu screen and select Ubuntu, but it just goes to a black screen. The only thing I can do from here is to press Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot it, but it just keeps happening over and over. It also happens if I select the Windows or Ubuntu (recovery mode) options from the GRUB boot menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...