Tuesday, January 24, 2017

kubuntu - How can I find out the ROOT password?




I installed Kubuntu 12.04 on this desktop last September and am the main user of the machine. I can perform most admin tasks such as installing new software with my password, which is also accepted using sudo in a terminal. Some tasks however ask for a root password - the most recent example being when I tried to re-install my HP printer. and my usual password does not work. I have looked at this answer, but it doesn't seem to help as I know my own password. I need to know root's password!



Running sudo -i in the console will drop you into "root" mode.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...