Monday, January 23, 2017

a specific user can't mount usb sticks

I have the problem that a specific user can't use usb sticks any more. they are not mounted automatically any more.
For some weird reason I changed the numeric userid and groupid of this user (actually to solve some problems with a NAS).


I saved the home directory of the user in question and deleted the user.
When I create a new user with the same numeric uid but a new username, it works.
When I create a new user with the same numeric and username, it doesn't work ...


using Ubuntu 14.04


thankful for any hint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...