Tuesday, January 31, 2017

How do I install ndiswrapper support for an unsupported RTL8723DE wireless module?

I have not much experience with ndiswrapper but some vague memory of using it with some broadcom module long back. Now, here is the problem. Realtek RTL8723DE wireless module is used in my new HP 15-BS576TX laptop. I haven't installed Linux yet. But, would like to check if Ndiswrapper can help use the Windows driver to work in Linux. Here is the Windows 10/8/7 driver for this RTL8723DE wlan module: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80963.html


I extracted the exe and can see a folder /RTWLANE_Driver/Wind7X86/ which has rtwlane.sys and few other files which I presume is related to the wireless driver. Is there any chances of luck with ndiswrapper considering the driver executable actually contains win8/win7 drivers.


Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...