Saturday, January 14, 2017

lxde - How do I copy files with punctuation in them?


I had some files (text documents and saved webpages) that I was copying to a usb by selecting them all pressing Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V into the usb drive. As soon as it started copying, a dialogue would pop up saying I had to rename or skip a file. This went on for a lot of the files and I realised if I wanted to copy those files I would have to take out all the punctuation in the files name. I don't know what to do, it seems like I have no choice but to do this for all these files. How do I stop this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...