Monday, January 16, 2017

partitioning - Grub rescue without Linux

Initial state: dual boot laptop to either Windows 7 or Ubuntu.



What I tried to do: change my partition of Ubuntu to Ubuntu-Mate.



First problem: first booting for the installation worked fine, but I didn't create a partition with the free space obtained from the previous one.



What I tried to solve it: I restarted the computer and unplugged the usb in order to create the partition in Windows.



What really happened, and final problem: grub rescue is displayed, no matter what boot source used. (Edit 3: I wanted to gain access to my Windows partition, so that I could rearrange my partitions)




Thank you very much for any suggestion.



Edit: I've tried using a bootable Ubuntu usb to get the Boot-info, but it keeps giving an error: "unknown filesystem".



Edit2: I've tried via Boot-Repair-Disk, but even so it doesn't work, to check whether the iso is correctly burned, I'll try it in another computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...