Tuesday, January 17, 2017

drivers - Run OpenGL apps with CUDA with Nvidia Optimus and Bumblebee

I am attempting to start learning CUDA using my old laptop with a hybrid Nvidia GT650M/Intel iGPU setup. I have tried following the instructions on a couple resources[1,2,3]. Those resources helped tremendously and gave me a working nvcc. However, while most of the samples compiled, none of the samples that use OpenGL work at all. I assume this is because my installed OpenGL drivers are for my Intel GPU, but I was forced to not install the OpenGL drivers during the Nvidia driver installation to avoid overwriting the old drivers (for my intel card) that I need.




Is it possible to install the nvidia opengl drivers alongside the ones I have installed already? There seems to be a flag in the NVIDIA*.run script that allows me to change the installation directory for opengl files, but I don't know if this will mess things up or not work at all.



[1] How can I get nVidia CUDA or OpenCL working on a laptop with nVidia discrete card/Intel Integrated Graphics?



[2] How to install nVidia drivers with Bumblebee on Ubuntu 14.04



[3] (Guide) Installing Nvidia + Bumblebee + CUDA for Optimus enabled Laptops

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...