Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Dual Boot Win7 and Ubuntu 14.04 Bootloader

I feel like this has been asked, but I'm still confused. I have windows 7 installed on a SSD. I want to dual boot linux with it so I partitioned 60gigs of space for the root, home, and swap. I booted from a flash drive that I have linux loaded on and began the install. My system is set to UEFI so I set it to install the bootloader on the efi partition.


The install went fine, however when I restarted, it just loads windows 7 and never gives me an option to boot into my linux install. I'm assuming that Grub2 should be the default, but I'm guessing that windows boot manager is still the default.


Can someone give me some clarification on what I need to do in order to get this to work?


Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...