Wednesday, January 25, 2017

software installation - How to install latest version of Okular on Ubuntu 14.04 (avoiding source install)?

Is there a way to install Okular in its latest version on Ubuntu 14.04? So far the default Ubuntu repository supports a really old version of Okular (offered by KDE Applications version 4.13.3), as one can confirm by running:



apt-cache show okular | grep Version


The latest version now is 1.6 (offered by KDE Applications version 18.12.2).



I know that someone can install the latest version from source code (as described in Okular's official webpage), but I want to avoid that and get an easier way to install.



I have also searched for Ubuntu 14.04 binary repositories on launchpad and I haven't found Okular in its latest version.




Am I doomed to update to a newer Ubuntu release to get the latest version of Okular, or is there a way to stack with my beloved Ubuntu 14.04 for a little longer before they get deprecated?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...