Saturday, January 14, 2017

14.10 doesn't boot


My approximately 2 months old installation of 14.10 stopped working properly today.
I installed updates yesterday, I think there was a new Kernel too - restarted normally yesterday.


But today it's taking unusual long to take me to the login screen, after logging in the loading process seems to stop. Also the resolution is kind of messed up and only my primary monitor gets a signal.
Sometimes I get problem reports alá "problem deteced" without any given information, once cinnamon stopped working and I also had an error with "upowerd" (or similar spelling, "opowered" or something) at the first occurrence.


I tried bootin with an older Kernel and using unity, nothing helped.


Thank you in advance for your tips! As I am still very new to the Linux world I can't figure it out myself.



Solution: As the visual issues I had pointed to a graphic driver problem, I used



  • sudo nvidia-xconfig


to create a new xserver config file. After a reboot everything was fine.
Probably due to the updates no proper working driver was used or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...