Wednesday, January 4, 2017

drivers - 12.04 Radeon HD 4200 crap graphics

I am stuck with 1024x768. Display comes up as a laptop. It's a Philips 17"
I have no composition, 2D and fuzzy lines going up the screen.



I used the software centre to install the ATi X.Org binary driver. Useless!
It loads Catalyst. If I click on Catalyst Control Centre, I get:





There was a problem initializing Catalyst Control Center Linux edition. It could be caused by the following.



No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly.
Please install the AMD driver appropriate for you AMD hardware, or configure using aticonfig.



There was a problem initializing Catalyst Control Center Linux edition. It could be caused by the following.



No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly.
Please install the AMD driver appropriate for you AMD hardware, or configure using aticonfig.





sudo lshw -c video gives:



    *-display UNCLAIMED     
description: VGA compatible controller
product: RS880 [Radeon HD 4200]
vendor: Hynix Semiconductor (Hyundai Electronics)
physical id: 5
bus info: pci@0000:01:05.0

version: 00
width: 32 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list
configuration: latency=0
resources: memory:e0000000-efffffff ioport:1100(size=256) memory:f0100000-f010ffff memory:f0000000-f00fffff


If I do it in terminal, it says missing dependancies and crashes..




I though I hadn't installed it, but:




fglrx is already the newest version.



fglrx-amdcccle is already the newest version.



fglrx-amdcccle set to manually installed





doing:sudo aticonfig --initial




aticonfig: No supported adapters detected




It's driving me mad!



I just want my 1280 back and Docky not complaining about compositing all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...