Tuesday, December 3, 2019

launchpad - Electron App as PPA

I've been doing some research: You can't build PPA's from a Node.js application.


Apparently, this is not a rule, since there are a few projects that have successfully achieve this. WebUDP8 is an example; they build the PPA's for Atom IDE (using Electron) & Popcorn Time (using Node-Webkit)


I did what any human being would do: bother these guys, since there's no documentation (or at least, none that I found).


Their answer:



Launchpad PPAs don't support nodejs yet because they don't allow fetching external resources. So the Popcorn TIme PPA used to be a simple installer that automatically downloaded Popcorn Time from its servers.



But, as far as I'm aware of, I'm not using external resources. It's not like I am downloading dependences from the package.json. They are all --saved in the folder to build.


How can I make a PPA of my Electron App?
Does the Software Center work with PPA's as well, or only .deb's?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...