Tuesday, December 3, 2019

dual boot - Is there a way to install Ubuntu next to Windows 10 , using Encryption and LVM without disk erasing?

So I tried to install Ubuntu next to Windows by graphic installation wizard, but I can't mark 2nd and 3rd option without marking 1st one...




  • Erase disk and install Ubuntu


  • Encrypt the new Ubuntu installation for security

  • Use LVM with the new Ubuntu installation



Is there a way to not to "Erase disk" and install Ubuntu with LVM and encrypted next to Windows 10 with graphic methods?



edit :



First I've made 2 partitions ,then i installed Windows, then i tried to install Ubuntu but as You got standard graphic installation options I marked "Install Ubuntu alongside windows" and that effects with leaving "-Encrypt the new Ubuntu installation for security" and "Use LVM with the new Ubuntu installation" options UNAVAILABLE. Only when instead of installing alongside i mark "Erase disk and install Ubuntu" i'am able to use those two options i'am interested to. Please help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...