Monday, January 9, 2017

partitioning - FDISK Logical Partition



I have tried to create a logical partition via Fdisk for a flash drive. The problem is that I choose the option -n to create a partition, of course , and fdisk gives me only two options "extended and primary". However, I want an option for logical partitions. Moreover, in a topic in the forum, a guy is able to choose logical partition option instead of extended.



The topic's link:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1659376



In order to create a Logical partition, you must first create an Extended "partition". As stated in the forum post, an Extended partition is just a container, not an actual partition. This Extended container is what contains the Logical partitions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...