Sunday, January 8, 2017

installation - Differentiating between the windows and ubuntu drive space

I am installing ubuntu for the first time. I followed the instructions online and created a usb disk for the install on my Acer Aspire One netbook. My netbook came with windows preloaded and I am wary of completely removing windows since this is my first time with ubuntu. I am currently in the middle of the install right now, how do I differentiate between the drive space allocated for ubuntu and the drive space allocated for windows?



The installation program has what I can only assume is the optimum drive allocation at 70/30 but I want to be sure which is which. Help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...