Tuesday, January 3, 2017

grub2 - Remove GRUB boot selecting after Windows is gone

I've been looking for this answer quite a while in the last few days, but all google and question searches here seem to retrieve are for removing grub and restoring Windows's bootloader after deleting Ubuntu from a dual-box.


My case is the opposite: I had a dual box and decided to remove Windows; I've already removed the partition and merged it accordingly with Ubuntu's, and i'm not having problems with booting my Ubuntu.


Still, I would like to REMOVE the grub selection screen when I turn on my laptop, so that it goes straight into Ubuntu; so far I've tried updating the grub with sudo update-grub and it only removed the now unexistant-windows entries.


Can I get some guidance on the process please?


Thanks in advance

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...