Thursday, January 12, 2017

grub2 - The 'grub-efi-amd64-signed' package failed to install target/

I am unable to install Ubuntu 18.04.



To start things off, I see a black screen instead of installation instruction after booting the liveusb using BIOS boot (not UEFI). Not sure why this black screen but I am guessing its a graphics driver issue. I am using a newly bought amd rx560 card.



But I did however gain access to the OS by setting 'nomodeset'. Unfortunately at the end of the installation process, it failed to install the GRUB, giving me the error message shown in the title of this question.



I usually have two partitions for any linux distro: swap and root. I also leave the "Device for bootloader installation" option untouched. Which is by default /dev/sda




Please feel free to ask me any information regarding this. I really need help on this. I don't want to go back to windows after 9 years of ubuntuship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...