Tuesday, January 10, 2017

grub2 - Cannot boot to Windows after installing Ubuntu and running boot-repair



I installed Ubuntu 13.04 on to a 2nd drive (sbd2) whilst the first driver (sbda) has Windows 7. When I rebooted I was not given the grub bootloader and booted straight to Ubuntu.



After running boot-repair, I now get the GRUB boot loader but with no Windows option.



Here is the output from boot-repair:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6726912/



Please can you help me to restore the option of booting to Windows 7.




I can see my windows install NTFS partition mounted in Ubunutu



TIA



I solved this by posting the log from boot-repair on this forum thread.
The part of this answer that worked for me was




uncheck the default and in advanced choose the Windows install and sda




No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...