Saturday, January 7, 2017

apt - gpg: Fatal: libgcrypt is too old (need 1.7.0, have 1.6.5)

after the upgrade to yakkety I cannot safe update or upgrade the system.
The output of apt update (and aptitude and synaptic etc) is always the same:



GPG error: http://01.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu yakkety-updates InRelease: Unknown error executing apt-key



the execution of apt-key update give me:



gpg: Fatal: libgcrypt is too old (need 1.7.0, have 1.6.5)




Quite strange...I tried to install manually libgcrypt20 and still the output is the same...



so I checked with
dpkg -p libgcrypt20 that gives me:



dpkg-query: package 'libgcrypt20' is not available



But according to synaptic the version 1.7.2-2ubuntu1 is installed...



I already tried ldconfig.




I cannot update in not safe mode because I am in a non democratic country, and I am afraid for my system.



Thks.
c.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...