Monday, January 2, 2017

16.04 - Installed Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 (UEFI) - No Grub screen

I installed Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 (UEFI). After the successful installation (using the 'install alongside Windows' option, I restarted my machine, but it booted right away into Windows.



What I tried:





  • Change order of boot to Ubuntu. Then it did prompt the Grub screen! But when I select Windows, it shows a "Windows failed to start error, similar to this screen" Is there a solution to this problem?


  • Disabled secured boot.


  • Tried running the following command:




bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.efi

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...