Thursday, December 5, 2019

boot - No Longer Able to Create Live USB

I've tried all of the suggestions I could find from forums and Q&A sites (like this one), but I am still not able to live boot Ubuntu 14.04 from USB.


I am using a SanDisk Cruzer 32GB.


I have tried:



  1. Reformatting as FAT32

  2. Wiping and rebuilding the MBR

  3. Using several different tools including unetbootin and the built-in live USB creator

  4. Checking boot flags

  5. Recreating the partition table


Yes, my BIOS recognizes the drive. Yes, this drive can be booted from.


I have made a bootable USB drive at least 20 times in the past with the same drive without a problem. Any Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...