Monday, December 2, 2019

10.10 - Cannot save tar.gz file to usr/local



I'm using the following instruction to install and configure Hadoop on Ubuntu 10.10.



http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-single-node-cluster/#installation




I tried to save the compressed tar.gz file to /usr/local/ but it just won't save.



I've tried saving the tar.gz in my home folder and desktop and copying the files to the desired folder, but I get an error that tells me I don't have permission.



How do I save and extract a tar.gz folder to /usr/local/hadoop?



You need to be root to write to /usr/local. Run the file manager as root using



gksu nautilus



Then copy and paste or extract the archive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...