Saturday, October 8, 2016

Dual booting Ubuntu And Windows 10 (Both of separate ssd) and swap space

I currently have 1 SSD and 1 TB HDD. In my SSD, I have Windows 10 and programs installed. HDD is where I have all my files.



I have recently bought a new SSD and I am planning to install Ubuntu on it development purposes. And I would like to dual boot Windows 10 along side Ubuntu.




My plan is to have 1 SSD for Windows, 1 SSD for Ubuntu, and use the 1 TB HDD to store some files from both operating systems.



The new SSD I got is ADATA Premier SP550 120GB.



So should I just install Ubuntu on my new SSD? Then set the SSD that runs Win 10 to be my primary booting device, and then use EasyBCD to make the dual boot menu?



Also, how much swap space should I choose for Ubuntu? 3GB perhaps?
I am going to be doing a lot of programming on linux. I will also be using a lot Intellij IDEA and they are resource heavy.



Is there anything else that I should know for better performance and to prolong the longevity of my hardware?




Thanks.



Other information:
Computer: Dell Optiplex 755,
Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 650,
Ram: 8GB DDR2

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...