Saturday, October 15, 2016

bootloader - How do I find out which boot loader I have?




I know Grub is the one installed by default when installing Ubuntu but I am faced with an embedded system running 9.10 Desktop Edition. Following are the contents of lsb-release file



ubuntu@ubuntu-desktop:/boot$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=9.10
DISTRIB_CODENAME=karmic
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 9.10"


but this system does not have Grub bootloader and I want to find out which one its using. So any ideas?




The boot info script will detect all kinds of useful information about your boot configuration:



http://sourceforge.net/projects/bootinfoscript/


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...