Wednesday, October 26, 2016

wireless - Ralink RT3090 in Ubuntu 14.04 -- Very bad reception + keeps disconnecting

I've upgraded from 12.04 (actually Mint 13) to 14.04 (actually Mint 17) (64bit), and my Wifi reception with my Ralink RT3090 is now very bad. I only get good connectivity if I'm in the same room as my wifi router, whereas previously or in Windows 7 I could connect to the router from a significantly larger distance. Also, the nm-applet now shows only 2 networks tops (the strongest ones), whereas previously I'd get a very long list.




Since the wifi still works well in Windows 7, this shouldn't be a hardware issue.



What can I do to fix this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...