Sunday, October 23, 2016

boot - GRUB rescue /deleted Ubuntu partition

I accidentally deleted the Ubuntu partition. All I get now is the grub rescue prompt. I have a Live USB from Ubuntu but I cannot do anything with it. I changed the boot device priority from BIOS but it still won't boot from anything. I have read other similar posts but on most of them, booting from a live usb/cd is suggested.


However, that doesn't work in my case, as described. The ls command first shows something like


(hd0), (hd0,msdos2) , (hd0,msdos3), (hd1), (hd1, msdos1)

and when I try ls on each of them it says unknown file system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...