Saturday, October 29, 2016

software recommendation - MS Office for 16.04


I have been using Ubuntu for two months now, and I am loving it. However, I cannot install MS Office 2013/2016, which I need! I couldn't install it with Wine. Please don't tell me to use LibreOffice or MS Office Online. They suck when it comes to document formatting.


So if anyone has found something for this, please help me! Thanks.



Currently, MS Office 2013/2016 requires DirectX 10. Unfortunately, as of Wine 1.9, DirectX 10 is not supported.


Sorry, you will have to use LibreOffice, MS Office 2007, or WPS Office.


Edit: You CAN use a VM to run Windows to run MS Office. However, this is quite a bit more time consuming and resource-intensive than simply a) dual-booting Windows or b) using Libre/WPS Office.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...