Saturday, October 22, 2016

ati - Black Screen Boot After Installing PPA Radeon Driver

I'm on my cell phone now. I just followed the instructions for installing the latest driver via the edgers PPA repo. I'm running Kubuntu 15.10 with full luks encryption. The first time I rebooted I got to the login screen to enter my luks password but the keyboard wasn't responding (That happens every once in a while) so as usual I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and now every time I try to boot I never get to the luks screen. It's just a black screen.



The only thing I can do is keep rebooting and of course access grub. I could really use some guidance here. A lot of solutions for older versions of Ubuntu suggest commands that I can't execute because I can't get to a shell. I try Ctrl+Alt+F1 at the black screen.




I'm good at troubleshooting Linux servers but when it comes to a gpu issue on a desktop version I'm not sure what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...