Monday, October 24, 2016

package management - Unable to install libjack-dev

I am on Ubuntu 14.04. 64-bit and I am trying to install linuxband. To do I need to install the package libjack-dev, but when I do so I obtain the following message:



Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an 
impossible situation or if you are using the unstable

distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libjack-dev : Depends: libjack0 (= 1:0.121.3+20120418git75e3e20b-2.1ubuntu1) but it is
not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.



The point is that I do have the other libjack-jackd2 installed for example, but when I run the ./configure for linuxband I get:



checking for JACK_MIDI_NEEDS_NFRAMES... no


Which is the only no in the list. When I run the make, it generates a plethora of undefined references (examples:



src/main/c/linuxband-player.c: In function ‘main’:
src/main/c/linuxband-player.c:768:2: warning: ‘g_thread_init’ is deprecated (declared at
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/deprecated/gthread.h:261) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

g_thread_init(NULL);
^


or later



linuxband-player.c:(.text+0x50b): undefined reference to `jack_transport_query'
linuxband-player.c:(.text+0x586): undefined reference to `jack_transport_query'
linuxband-player.c:(.text+0x5a1): undefined reference to `jack_last_frame_time'
linuxband-player.c:(.text+0x615): undefined reference to `jack_last_frame_time'

linuxband-player.c:(.text+0x672): undefined reference to `smf_peek_next_event'
linuxband-player.c:(.text+0x6b5): undefined reference to `smf_event_is_metadata


and so on)



until it ends in:



 /tmp/ccrh0o5V.o:remote_control.c:(.text+0xf01): more undefined references to `g_log' follow
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [target/linuxband-player] Error 1


Can someone help please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...