Monday, October 24, 2016

11.04 - Will upgrading disrupt online backup software (Crashplan)?

Has anyone had any experience upgrading to Ubuntu 11.04, and how this might affect online backup software processes? Specifically, I'm currently running Ubuntu 10.10 and using Crashplan v3. Crashplan backup engine runs constantly in the background to monitor files for changes and back up accordingly.


Will upgrading to Ubuntu 11.04 affect any of the Crashplan backup process? Has anyone done this successfully? I'd like to upgrade to the latest and greatest Ubuntu release, but not at the risk of affecting the backup, or worse, having to start from scratch again and upload the entire library!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...