Friday, October 14, 2016

apt - Prevent Ubuntu version to upgrade from 16.04.3 to 16.04.4

During the previous months to the new release of Ubuntu 16.04.4, I wrote a C++ project using the following enviroment:



  • Ubuntu 16.04.3

  • Kernel 4.4.0-87 (only version compatible with the drivers of an acquisition card used in my C++ project). The kernel version is hold (i.e. preventing to update to a more recent kernel version).


However, during the installation of a new driver, my ubuntu version changed to 16.04.4 and now I am getting errors during the compilation of my code. The problem is that the error is associated to a third-party library that I need... So I tried to get back to the 16.04.3 and everytime I need to install something, the version of my OS gets updated... How could I prevent the OS to update to the 16.04.4 version? It may be with the apt-get hold?? but I don't know the name of the package.


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...