Wednesday, October 26, 2016

partitioning - Is there any possible (and simple) way to delete my Windows partitions and extend my Ubuntu partitions?

I want to know is there any possible (and simple) way to delete my Windows partitions and extend my Ubuntu partitions.




I have 1 HDD 700 GB:




  • sda1 primary 100MB NTFS (Windows boot partition)

  • sda2 primary 100GB NTFS (Windows 7 OS)

  • sda3 primary 500GB NTFS (Windows data files)

  • sda4 extended partition 98GB:

  • sda6 ext4 94GB (Ubuntu 12.04)

  • sda5 swap 4GB




My actual boot partition is sda1



I want do delete Windows partitions and extend my Ubuntu installation to the whole HDD, maybe creating only /home and /boot partition additional, so I have:




  • sda1 /boot partition (500MB)

  • sda2 / partition (200GB)

  • sda3 /home partition (489,5GB)


  • sda4 swap (10GB)



Is there any way to do it without reinstall whole system ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...