Wednesday, October 26, 2016

software recommendation - ycopy backup, copy

Windows has this great file copy application - YCOPY.
I have been looking for some similar application for YEARS.
I would think that a YCOPY like app. would be desirable.
All/Most of the back up application mung on the files *.gz being the one that is encouraging me to write this. I want a copy of my files not a munged/backup. I want to be able to go to my YCOPY/stored files, search of the named files, find them and open them. NOT upload the Gigabytes of files to some computer (wait, wait some more, go to sleep and hopefully wake up to find the restore done) and then search for the desired file.
Does anyone know of a Ycopy application that will work on Ubuntu?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...