Sunday, October 30, 2016

boot - Tries to install Ubuntu, but gets kernel panic message

My computer crashes after an update. Used windows 7 at the time. I tried to install win 8.1 instead and do a clean install. Managed to install win 8.1 but after the reboot the computer got into a loop and could not get past.




I tried everything I could to solve it. But just did not go. Then a friend suggested installing Ubuntu instead. Then followed the instructions to install Ubuntu. But when ubuntu boots, I may choose to test ubuntu or install ubuntu etc. When I press install I get a black screen with text. Even when I press test ubuntu. Boot from a USB-stick.



Wrong message I get



Have tested this solution without any positive result.



Ubuntu 18.04 Live boot leads to blank screenSolution



Sorry, if english is not the best grammatically speaking. But run google translate. Are from Sweden.




Please help me :)



Is there any more information you need, then just write them. So I'll try to give it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...