Sunday, October 16, 2016

.desktop - How to run indicator-remindor at login?

I installed indicator-remindor in my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS system. The program seems to work properly although some warning related to the lack of the ‍/gtk-fallback.css‍ library appear at start up.


Is there any method to run indicator-remindor at login?



  • I tried to use the Startup Application of Ubuntu without any result.

  • I also tried to run a script just containing indicator-remindor as a command, using the .bash_login. Again no results.


Interestingly when the shell is on if I open an xterm and write


source .bash_login

the indicator-remindor starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...