Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Custom live ubuntu and drivers

I want to create a custom live Ubuntu yet one thing concerns me: drivers.




There are softwares such as Respin which takes the currently installed and customized linux distro and converts it to an iso file. I need to know how does this specific software or the other similar softwares handles the drivers. Do they keep the driver configurations of the system that I am creating iso from OR do they remove them so that each time I boot, the drivers are installed from scratch as if I am running default Ubuntu live?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...