Saturday, October 29, 2016

lubuntu - How can I fix E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)?



I received this error after trying to download the icedtea plugin. After trying



sudo apt-get upgrade


I got the same exact error:




Preconfiguring packages ...
dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
unable to open files list file for package `linux-sound-base': No such device or address
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)


I've already tried looking for solutions, but each one seems to be unique to the issue. Any suggestions?



Try first:




sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/available 
sudo touch /var/lib/dpkg/available
sudo sh -c 'for i in /var/lib/apt/lists/*_Packages; do dpkg --merge-avail "$i"; done'


Dangerous, if previous instruction does not solve the problem...



sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo apt-get clean

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade


Last may cause huge traffic load.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...