Friday, October 14, 2016

11.10 - How to update Wine to the latest version?




I just formatted my laptop and got rid of Windows 7. Yay ;-)




Either way, Wine is version 1.3.28 here, and I need it to update (there are some bugfixes) for my game so I need a more recent version. This is the version I got from the Ubuntu software manager. How do I get a more recent version or Wine version 1.4?



I've already added the repo into my repository, but still no updates.



Thanks in advance.



Add the correct repo



sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa



Update your sources list



sudo apt-get update


Update or install wine to the version on the PPA



sudo apt-get install wine1.3



Note: even tough the package name is wine1.3 the listed version on the Ubuntu wine packagers PPA contains version 1.4~rc1-0ubuntu1~ppa1~oneiric1.



enter image description here



enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...