Friday, December 6, 2019

12.04 No new release found for upgrade

when i log into my server, I see the following message



Welcome to Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 2.6.38-15-generic x86_64)

* Documentation: https://help.ubuntu.com/

0 packages can be updated.

0 updates are security updates.

New release '12.10' available.
Run 'do-release-upgrade' to upgrade to it.


But then when I run sudo do-release-upgrade i get this message:



Checking for a new Ubuntu release
No new release found



Doesn't that seem kinda silly? I was thinking that I should upgrade to version 13.04 or even 14.04 to be more up-to-date, but like this I am kinda stuck.



I have seen this post: Why is "No new release found" when upgrading from a LTS to the next?



But that was answered back in 2012, I would think that the new version is available for upgrade now?



Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...