Saturday, June 22, 2019

update manager - Can't fetch the latest ubuntu upgrade on ubuntu 11.04

I just started up an old laptop with an old version of ubuntu (11.04). It won't let me download applications (it throws some Untrusted sources error), so I'm trying to update to a new version.


In System > Administration I have discovered application called Update manager.
update manager screen
I have clicked Upgrade, but this crap has popped out:
Failed to fetch error
I have no network problems. The only explanation is that the ubuntu update servers have changed their address while this computer was offline.


How can I troubleshoot this problem and proceed the upgrade?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...