Monday, June 24, 2019

boot - Ubuntu 16.04.3 installer won't detect Windows 7

I'm trying to install Ubuntu on my laptop and I'd like to have Windows 7 installed with it.
However, Ubuntu installer won't give me the option "install alongside Windows 7". I've shrunk the space on the Windows-drive with no results. I also tried to follow this tip:
"You need to convert your dynamic partition to one logical partition. Then do this steps.


Download and Install EASEUS Partition Master Professional Edition (my favorite app ;) )
Run EASEUS Partition Master then click Go to main screen option.
Here, select the partition which you want to install Ubuntu. In your case select 31.25GB unallocated partition and right-click on it and select Create Partition. Under the Create as drop-down, select Logical and click OK.
Click the Apply button at the top of EASEUS window (under view menu) then click Yes. This operation needs to restart your computer to completing
Finish
If you continue the Ubuntu installation from (USB/CD) you will see the unallocated space."


But when I tried to create partition, I got this:


Error message


I'm unsure what to do, so can you give me very newbie-friendly instructions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...