Sunday, June 16, 2019

command line - I removed python2 and python3; Terminal won't launch now!


I'm still getting around Ubuntu and the Terminal. I know a bit of Python, so I figured I could install the latest stable release of Python. When I launched python on the Terminal, it started Python 2.7.3, So I figured that Python 3.5.2 wasn't installed.


Anyway, I followed this Ask Ubuntu thread to install it, but didn't take care to read the following:



DON'T change the symlink! There are apparently many system functions
that don't work properly with python3.5.


I tried this and afterwards couldn't open a terminal, software
updater,...



And well, now I can't open the terminal. I'm able to use X-Term, but I really want to fix this.


I typed the following in the Terminal:


sudo rm python2
sudo rm python3

and then closed the Terminal.



open your Xterm terminal


sudo apt-get remove gnome-terminal

then reinstall it with


sudo apt-get install gnome-terminal

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...