Saturday, June 22, 2019

command line - Lilypond install not working

I'm trying to install Lilypond on a 32-bit system, and for some reason the sh file simply does not want to execute itself.
I'm completely new to Ubuntu, so I have next to no knowledge of how anything works. But I've looked around and tried a few things. I've checked "allow executing file as program" in Properties, but I don't see any option of executing the file, only opening it with gedit or Libreoffice writer.




I've tried,



chmod u+x lilypond


and



chmod u+x lilypond-2.18.2-1.linux-x86.sh 



but both times it said



chmod: cannot access [filename I entered]. No such file or directory


I've seen a suggestion for something like:



cd /path/to/file  
chmod +x filename.sh
./filename.sh



but I don't even know how to make a command line with more than one line.
Does anyone know what I can do?.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...