Saturday, June 22, 2019

usb - How to auto mount a flash drive with root and read/write/execute privileges

I have an issue with mounting my Flash drive on Ubuntu 10.04 with write privileges. It's currently partitioned as Fat32 with Label KINGSTON but when I insert it into the Laptop it reads it as usb0, read-only privileges.



What I've had to do so that it is writable is to unmount it using Disk Utility and mount it again, and then it picks it up as KINGSTON with root privileges.




What I want is to automatically mount the flash drive with root privileges without going to Disk Utility to set this. Any help would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...